Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Sea of Sqaures Part 2

Today I made some progress on my Sea of Squares quilt. I'm following this tutorial from Christa Quilts. All my "X blocks" and "O blocks" are sewn together and pressed open.
Trust me when I tell you that chain piecing is the way to go on this one! These blocks come together in no time. Just remember to keep everything organized so you don't accidentally swap any pieces between the two types of blocks. Now that these are ready, I can start laying them out. I love that part of the piecing progress; it's when you can really see what the quilt will look like.

*****

Ha! The man of the house just decided to rename my blocks for me.
Instead of "X blocks" and "O blocks" I now have "X Bocks" and "Bo Tocks" (Xbox and Botox). Never a dull moment around here!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle. I too don't feel like I've made progress till I can lay out blocks. Visiting from WIP Wed. claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! It's the moment when what was in your head suddenly comes to life in front of your eyes. Isn't it such a great feeling? That is, as long as you managed to cut and piece everything right so far :P I've definitely laid it all to discover slight mishaps as well. Ah, the joys of quilting.

    ReplyDelete