Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Clementine Quilt Along - July


This is it people! The final stretch! The end is near! Wait... that makes me sound like I'm talking about the end of days. No, no... I'm talking about the final instructions for the Clementine Quilt Along (CQA)!


Since January, Fat Quarter Shop has released a quilt block every month as part of their charity quilt along the Clementine Quilt Along. Every block is available to download but they do ask that you make a donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (donation link). It's a great way to support a great cause! All the info can be found on the Clementine Quilt Along page.  


All the blocks have really fun fruit names and every month I looked forward to learning the new names. You can see all my monthly blocks (and their names) here:



True to form, I didn't follow the pattern. Sometimes, I just can't help myself! I always justify it by telling myself that what I'm really doing is showing all you lovely people different options. Yeah... So, in this version of the quilt, I opted to keep the on point blocks square and I left off the borders. Really though, I am a firm believer in doing what works for you! Change sizes! Add/delete borders! Swap blocks! You do YOU! 


I used the Biscuits and Gravy fabric collection from Basic Grey Fabrics for Moda. I love, love, loved working with this collection. It's a color palette I don't usually go for but it made me happy every time I was using it. I hope this quilt will continue to bring me joy every time I see it. I quilted it with a basic serpentine stitch. That's the same I way I quilted this quilt nearly a year ago, and I swore I wouldn't use it again because of how much that quilt shifted. But, that quilt has become one of the most comfy couch quilts I have and it's because of the quilting! So, I decided to try the serpentine stitch again; and I also used every basting pin I had in the house to keep the shifting to a minimum! Lol. I think it turned out great.


========

Be sure to check out all the other quilt bloggers who quilted along!

April of April Rosenthal (@amrosenthal)
Bonnie of Sunset Family Living (@sunsetfamilyliving)
Cara of That Crafty Cara (@thatcraftycara)
Carrie of Moda Cutting Table (@modafabrics)
Denise of Pieced Brain (@piecedbrain)
Elise of Elise and Emelie (@eliseandemelie)
Gina of Carpe Quiltin (@gina_tell_carpequiltin)
Heather of A Creative Pursuit (@acreativemama)
Hilary of By Hilary Jordan (@byhilaryjordan)
Jan of Cocoa Quilts (@cocoaquilts)
Jen of Heritage Threads (@heritage.threads)
Joanne of Quilts by Joanne (@turtlequilterjo)
Kairle of Kairle Oaks Handcrafted Goodness (@kairleoaks)
Kendra of Good Starter (@good_starter)
Kristen of 3 in the Nest (@threeinthenestraleigh)
Kristina of Center Street Quilts (@centerstreetquilts)
Leah of Ponderings from My Heart (@ponderingsfrommyheart)
Melanie of A Bit of Scrap Stuff (@mellierc)
Melissa of Happy Quilting (@happyquiltingmc)
Pat of Pat Sloan (@quilterpatsloan)
Pat B. of Life in the Scrapatch (@scrapatches)
Patty of Elm Street Quilts (@elmstreetquilts)
Rebecca of One Wee Bird (@oneweebird)
Sarah of 123 Quilt (@123quilt)
Seema of SSK Craft Shop (@sskcraftshop)
Sherri of A Quilting Life (@aquiltinglife)
Sondra of Out of the Blue Quilts (@sondradavison)
Stephanie of Quilt 'n Party (@quiltnparty)
Tanya of Tanya Quilts in CO (@tanyaquiltsinco)
Teresa of Aurea's Kitchen (@aureaskitchen)
Vickie of Crocheting Vixen (@crochetingvixen)

========

Until next time!
- Sarah

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Sarah! How fun to end up with a quilt that you love so much and had such a great time making. Congrats on such a fine finish :)

    ReplyDelete