Thursday, April 7, 2016

Color Play Friday - Tulsa Rose Garden

It Friday! You all know what that means... it's Color Play Friday!

Color Play Friday is a weekly challenge hosted by Trina from In an Otter Life and Lorinda from Laurel, Poppy and Pine. Every week they use one of their own photos as inspiration. Then the participants for that week create a color palette and a bundle of fabric based on that photo.

This week's photo is one of Trina's. She took it while wandering around a park in Tulsa.


I don't ever see pretty roses when I go to the park. Mostly I'm just trying to avoid stepping in goose poop. Such is life.

Here is my palette/bundle for the week.


This week I really wanted to pick a softer palette. I think I managed to come up with something sweet and delicate but still modern. I started with the floral print and then I thought it would be neat to chose all floral fabrics. Well, it soon got crazy and out of hand. Too many florals, nothing matched. Instead, I went with some good blenders. Plus, I managed to sneak a plaid print in there. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE plaid.

My fabrics come from Hawthorne Threads this week.






========

Be sure to check out the other participants this week.

Hostesses:

Participants:

========

If you are interested in joining Color Play Friday you can find all the rules and info of Trina's Color Play Friday page or Lorinda's Color Play Friday page.

========

Until next time!
- Sarah






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You did such a great job of making it soft and feminine while keeping it modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric choices they are subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Chrissy! That's what I was going for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your palette. It's so light and spring, like the rose itself. The first fabric is so cute and I don't often like that style of leaf but it looks so cute in your bundle. Good choices this week! You palette makes me smile when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Steph! That first fabric really surprised me. I'm glad I could make you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete